Clearwater 10km Race & 5km Fun Run
Saturday 17 August 2019
Hendrik Potgieter Drive &
Christiaan de Wet Road,
10KM - 7:00AM START
5KM - 7:15AM START
Entries can be collected in the Clearwater Mall Food Court
Friday 16 August 12h00 - 19h00
|10km Race (Men & Women)|
|Prize giving 8:30am. Race cut off 9:00am|
KING & QUEEN OF THE MOUNTAIN
R300 (first male & first female runner
over the highest point who still finishes
in the top three)
COURSE RECORD PRIZE
R1 000 (Men & Women)
Mens: Mbongeni Ngxazozo – 30:49
Ladies: Rene Kalmer – 36:27
Online Entries @ www.entries.timeme.co.za - Online entries close midnight
11 August 2019. Entries on the day from 05h30 am at Entrance No 1.
10km –Entries R110 and on the day
Temporary Licence R30
5km - Entries R65 and on the day
Grandmasters Half Price
Great Grandmasters Free (with proof of ID)
5KM: minimum age is 9 years | 10km: minimum age is 15 years
Secure Tog bag area available | T-Shirts and medals to ALL finishers
RULES & INFORMATION
1. This meeting takes place under the rules of the IAAF, ASA and CGA.
2. Athletes indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organizers of the race against any or all actions of whatsoever nature, whatever the same may arise out of their participation in the race.
3. All athletes participate at their own risk. Athletes acknowledge by entering the event that they are medically fi t to participate. All athletes must supply the name and contact number of their next of kin on both the race number and entry form.
4. Licensed athletes must wear club colours and their 2019 license number back and front, with the race number worn on the front of vest. Licensed athletes who do not wear their 2019 license numbers must purchase a temporary license on the day or face disqualification.
5. Temporary licensed athletes to wear plain clothing with the issued temporary license on the back of their vest. No temp licenses are issued for marathons or ultra-marathons.
6. Athletes competing for category prizes must wear clearly visible age tags of the appropriate size, on the back and front of their running vest.
7. No seconding allowed.
8. Foreign Athletes must provide a valid clearance certificate (from their country of origin and ASA) as well as a copy of their passport to the organizers and chief referee prior to the start of the event or on demand. Foreign athletes are not allowed to run with an ASA Provincial license. They are required to purchase a temporary license or face disqualification. Foreign athletes are not allowed to run in club colours (neutral kit must be worn) unless such club exists in their country of origin or they are in possession of a refugee status permit or are naturalised citizens of RSA. (Refer to IAAF rule 4.) Prizes will be withheld if this rule is not adhered to.
9. No blades, cyclist or mechanically operated devices allowed in the race.
10. No 2, 3 or 4 wheel carts/prams which are mechanically or manually operated by participants, or wheelchairs athletes will be permitted to participate without special permission being granted from the race organiser. All such participants MUST start at the back of the field.
12. No animals/pets are allowed to participate.
13. All instructions from traffic, race and technical officials must be obeyed at all times.
14. Proof of age for prize winners is required and must be presented to the referees before prize giving. Prizes will be withheld until all the necessary details of the winners are confirmed.
15. Only those who have completed all the information required in the race entry/number are eligible for prizes.
16. No refunds.
17. No earphones, iPods and the like allowed and contravention of IAAF rule 144.2b, may lead to disqualification.
18. Athletes may not run with another athlete’s race number unless by prior arrangement with the race organiser.
19. The race organiser retains the right to refuse entry and eject persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol, who are disorderly, or engage in inappropriate behavior, vandalism or evade paying for admission.
20. Athletes who participate without buying a race entry will be disqualified, will not be entitled to any benefits associated with the race and will be liable for a double entry fee charge. Habitual offenders (those who regularly participate without purchasing a race entry) will be called to a CGA disciplinary.
21. Licensed athletes not wearing club colours may face disqualification.
22. Littering is not allowed. Athletes are to dispose of any litter in appropriate bins. Athletes can be disqualified if they litter.
Race Organiser: Sharon Hempel
Results available at:
Entry fee includes the online handling fee
Clearwater Mall, Roodepoort
|Address||Hendrik Potgieter Drive & Christiaan de Wet Road, Strubensvalley, Roodepoort|