VKB BIELIEMIELIEFEES MARATHON 2020
42.2 km/21.1 km (6:00) • 10km/5km (6:15)
Start / Finish: Bowls Club - Sarel Cilliers Street
• Comrades / Two Oceans Qualifier
• Start / Finish - Sarel Cilliers Street
• Temporary licences available @ R50
• Medals to all finishers
Prizegiving will take place after each race division at the start/finish point.
- Athletes must be ELIGIBLE members of an affiliated club/provincial team to qualify as category winner. You do not need to belong to a club to run any of the races (Adhere to the under mentioned rule 3.)
- Club athletes dressed in club colours must display a year and official ASA 2 licence number on the front and at the back at all times on their vest (wear must be 2020).
- Temporary licence numbers to be sold at R50 excluding entry fees to individuals not belonging to a club. This is a must for the different races 42.2 km, 21.1 km and 10 km, excluding the 5 km fun run. The temporary number must be worn on the front of the vest. (Temp no- no insurance coverage on day of the event)
- Age restrictions: Minimum age 42 km – 20 years; 21 km – 16 years; 10 km – 16 years; 5 km and less – 9 years and older.
- All marshals, traffic authorities and traffic rules must be obeyed. Failing to do so may lead to disqualification.
- Check point on route. (Keep left at all times.) In case of emergencies, report to the next water point.
- Evacuation point will be at the starting and finishing point on the Reitz Bowls Club.
- All walkers and runners participate at their own risk.
- Due to the nature of the course no wheelchairs, prams, blades, animals, cyclist or mechanically operated devices are allowed, excluding hearing aids.
- No seconding or car will be allowed on the course as there are sufficient refreshment tables. Seconding can only be permitted in the demarcated area of a water point allocated to individuals.
- Cut-off time for 42.2 km, 21.1 km, 10 km and 5 km is 12:00.
- Proof of age must be provided on race day if requested.
- The organisers reserve the right to return any entry not in keeping with the spirit of the race.
- All winners need to attend prize giving. If not, the athlete needs to inform the head technical official and LOC chairperson of departure. Prizegiving will take place after each race division.
- The decision of the organisers will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Foreign athletes competing for prize money must produce a clearance certificate for their National bodies to compete in SA, handed in to the organisers before the event starts.
- Participants must take responsibility for their actions when disposing of litter (which could lead to disqualification)
Techinal Manager - Enslin van Blerk (082 920 5997) • Saftey Officer - Andre Barends (083 267 4357)
More information: www.sportsvendo.co.za/events/view/67
Reitz Bowl Club, Reitz
|Address||Cnr of Uniefees str & Sarel Cilliers Str, Reitz, 9810|
|Province||New Valley Governorate|