21.1 KM | 10KM & 5KM Fun Run
SUNDAY, 13 SEPTEMBER 2020
No entrance fee for the virtual race. Please donate to Rockies supported causes when you enter: Joburg Zoo and Parktown Girls. Joburg entrants can win a BRM Meat Hamper by making a donation to Joburg Zoo and Parktown Girls.
Entries for all races are available online at www.timeme.co.za
Entries are limited to 20 000 entries across all distances.
For more information, please visit the Rockies Race
website on www.geraldfoxrace.co.za
Race numbers can be downloaded or will be emailed to participants.
Race results will be available two weeks after the race on www.rockies.co.za or www.geraldfoxrace.co.za
Race office: [email protected]
063 384 5387 | 084 674 3290 | 072 472 2042
VITALITY POINTS: Vitality members can earn up to 300 Vitality fitness points when using their Vitality-linked fitness device or smartphone. Terms, conditions and limits apply.
NO PRIZE GIVING DUE TO THIS BEING A VIRTUAL RACE
Fun Run in partnership with Parktown Girls.
RULES FOR THE 10KM AND 21.1KM RACES
- The race is held in accordance with the rules of ASA and CGA.
- Athletes indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organisers of the race against any or all actions of whatsoever nature, whatever the same may be arising out of their participation in the race.
- All athletes participate at their own risk. Athletes acknowledge that by entering the event, they are medically fit to participate.
- All athletes must supply the name and contact number of their next of kin on both the race number and entry form.
- Licensed athletes must wear club colours and their 2020 licence number on the back and front of their vests, and if possible the race number worn on the front of their vest.
- No temporary licences required for a virtual race.
- Running with earphones is not safe. Please do not run with earphones for this race, and they are in contravention of the IAAF rule 144.2b.
- Minimum age for participation: 21.1km | 16 years old and 10km | 15 years old.
- No Prizes for the Virtual Race.
- No entry fee and no refunds.
- The race organiser retains the right to refuse entry and reject persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol, who are disorderly, or engage in inappropriate behaviour, vandalism or evade paying for admission.
- Littering is not allowed.
- Cut-off time for all events is 5 hours (12h00).
A virtual race is a race that can be run, walked or cycled from any location you choose. You get to complete your own race, at your own pace, within the time frame as stipulated by your particular event.
There are no parking problems, no crowds and no long Porta Potty lines. There is no start gun or nervous, pre-race chitchat with other athletes. There's not even an official starting line!
That's the kind of flexibility offered by virtual races, a new trend in the running and cycling community. Athletes who sign up for a virtual race register online and simply choose their route of choice. Once you are finished times can be uploaded via various timing apps as provided by your event organiser. Details of the timing app and how it works will be mailed to all participants closer to race day.